Thursday 31 May 2012

Floating Mary

I asked today about the possibility of having a piece cut out of my board with a jigsaw so I can put a faux piece of stained glass in, the boards in the old building were thrown out with the move & the new ones are costly so it's unlikely I'll be able to do so. This is unfortunate, but I shall endevour to find a way round this.

I've continued with my prayer cushions & then at twelve broke off to choose my digital images.

Used my own drawings then flipped the neg to create a different look from the originals.

I also found some classical Catholic imagery which I changed with an arts graphic on the Word program to distort the image and break up its lines while still retaining its identification.

I then asked my class mates which prints they preferred & they liked the computer produced image.

I then scaled the images on mac, multiplied them & made them circular.

The image was then put on transfer paper & laminated to heat seal.

I then cut out the images on a light box before soaking them, placing them on my plates & peeling them off to leave the image behind.

If I was more confident on the Mac I would have used photoshop to create the image, as transferring the image from Windows to Mac was a little tricky.

Putting the transfer on was difficult to but as I assumed this would be the case I bought practice plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment