Thursday 21 June 2012

Exhibition day


No shelf. I scavenged around for wood off cuts. Slotted them into the top of the radiator so I could have some way of displaying the fish, hardly ideal but needs must.

While searching for off cuts I found meter length sticks & thought they would make a good dado rail.
I marked them and Toby cut them for me. I then attached double sided foam tape to the backside and fastened it to the boards.

I had asked permission not to be in so I could go and watch my dads FMP performance & was told to come in early to finish the tv. I did so but still wasn't helped.
i said I needed to go & Jamie said trust me there will be music in there when you get back, unfortunately I did.

When I got in to the exhibition there was a battery stereo clearly visible in the tv and my test card still hanging by Sellotape above it, it had one song on a loop.

I was irritated and insulted.
I spent hours looking for an old tv locally on eBay, I don't drive and had to arrange to pick it up on a day where I was traveling over to my parents.

I couldn't strip it myself, it was simple but I didn't have the strength to do it.
Stu and my dad did.

I requested a tablet well over a month before the exhibition, Jamie said he would bring one in and repeatedly let me down.

Yes the music was in there, but it's a tv not a radio. I wanted old footage of the 70's.

I feel so let down, I had even printed out a test card onto paper to cover up the screen could Jamie not fit the tablet in. He hadn't bothered to cover it up.
I don't think he even tried to put a tablet in.

If a tutor says they will do something it should be done to a exhibition standard and it wasn't.

I am angry and irritated at being brushed of and lied to.

If he could not do it and didn't have the gumption to pull it together.
Have the backbone to admit that you can't do it, don't have the time to, or the inclination to rather than leaving someone else's work looking slap dash and unfinished.

If I knew how it was going to look and how I was going to be let down.
I would have asked to borrow a cd player, fit it with battery's, and bought a 70's cd. But again that's cost I would have had to budget for and would have needed time to plan.

I should have been able to rely on the college to provide the equipment it has.

I am so glad it's over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment